1. Choosing the material of wheels: First of all, considering the different conditions of using road surface, obstacles, residual substances (such as iron chips, grease), environmental conditions (such as high temperature, normal temperature or low temperature) and the weight that the wheels can bear, etc., to choose the suitable material of wheels. For example, rubber wheels can not resist acid, grease and chemicals, while super polyurethane wheels, high strength polyurethane wheels, nylon wheels, steel wheels and high temperature wheels can be applied to different special environments.
2. Calculate the load-bearing capacity: In order to calculate the load-carrying capacity required by various casters, it is necessary to know the weight of transport equipment, the maximum load and the number of single wheels and casters used. The load capacity required for a single wheel or caster is calculated as follows:
T = the weight of a single wheel or caster;
E = self-weight of transport equipment;
Z = maximum load;
M = the number of single wheels and casters used;
N = safety factor (about 1.3-1.5).
3. Determine the size of wheel diameter: Generally, the larger the wheel diameter, the easier to push, the greater the load capacity and the better the protection of the ground from damage. The choice of wheel diameter size should first consider the weight of load and the starting thrust of the carrier under load.
4. Choice of soft and hard wheel material: Usually the wheel has nylon wheel, super polyurethane wheel, high-strength polyurethane wheel, high-strength artificial rubber wheel, iron wheel, air wheel. Super polyurethane wheels and high-strength polyurethane wheels can meet your handling requirements both indoors and outdoors on the ground; high-strength artificial rubber wheels can be applied to hotels, medical devices, floors, wooden floors, ceramic tile floors and other requirements when walking on quiet ground with little noise; nylon wheels and iron wheels are suitable for uneven ground or ground with iron scraps and other materials; while beating wheels are suitable for air-conditioning wheels. It is suitable for light load and soft and uneven pavement occasions.
5. Flexibility of rotation: The larger the single wheel, the more labor-saving it will be. Roller bearings can carry heavier loads, and the greater the resistance during rotation. High-quality (bearing steel) ball bearings installed on single wheel can bear heavier loads, and the rotation is lighter and more flexible and quiet.
6. Temperature condition: Severe cold and high temperature conditions have a great impact on casters. Polyurethane wheels rotate flexibly at low temperature of minus 45 C, and high temperature resistant wheels rotate easily at high temperature of 275 C.
Special attention: Because 3 points determine a plane, when the number of casters used is 4, the load should be calculated according to 3.